Solid edge-draft- update view- tracking dimension changes-only track detached dimension

Pioneer
Pioneer

Solid edge draft ST9

When I do any change in part/ assembly and go back to my draft it shows box around drawing to ask for update. When I update it, pops with a box showing all changes happend in drawing. I can make that box go away by changing option in track dimension changes by unticking track dimension change. 

So when I track dimensions it shows all changes like value change etc.but is there a way to track only detached dimensions and nothing else so the pop up box will only come up when any dimension is detached and not for value change.

Thank you!

Manoj

2 REPLIES

Re: Solid edge-draft- update view- tracking dimension changes-only track detached dimension

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Not that I'm aware of. It also does not show any changes to annotation. So values inside annotation can change and you would never know.

I'm in the habit of looking at the list for detached items and remember what pages to review to edit.

During a common re-sized/draft up date for me, I get 200 changes and about 10 detaches on average. Most of the detaches are from increasing the object size off the existing view.

With flat pattern views I don't typically get detaches, but I will get dimension "flips" from time to time where one end of a dimension flips from one end of an object to another. My guess is the original selection point  crosses over the midpoint, or it's a problem relative to the "left hand rule" +plane position for some assembly planes because everything else including most planes are "Right hand rule"

Re: Solid edge-draft- update view- tracking dimension changes-only track detached dimension

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

You can't select what it lists but you can sort the table by any header. Then you can select and clear all those you are not interested in.

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP10 - Insight - Win10 - K4200