Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solid edge v18 compatibility

Solution Partner Pioneer Solution Partner Pioneer
Solution Partner Pioneer

I have a solid edge model that was made in solid edge v18. Can that be opened in the latest versions of solid edge without issues, for example ST9 or ST10?

Is all "background information" available as well, so the model can be developed further?
(with "background information" I mean sketches, extrusions, etc. Basically the work history.)

5 REPLIES

Re: Solid edge v18 compatibility

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Yes, you can open the V18 file into ST10 theoretically without any issues and continue working on the file like normal i.e. history, sketches, extrusions, etc. 

However, realistically we provide new feature functionality and features updates in each software version.  We do try to make any older file versions automatically upgrade with the newer functionality.  However, occasionally, especially with the larger the version gap between last saved and opening, there may be some features that do not upgrade well and may need to be modified and or recreated in the latest Solid Edge version.

Betreff: Solid edge v18 compatibility

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi @_Busck

as mentioned by @uk_dave, this should not be any problem.

We have opend an example from version 001 (not ST1 but v01) with ST9 without any problem after 22 years

regards
Wolfgang

Betreff: Solid edge v18 compatibility

Solution Partner Pioneer
I see, thanks for the clarification, and that was good news to hear!
Highlighted

Solution Partner Pioneer
Seems like there should be no problems then, thanks for the help!

Builder
Builder

It could be a good idea to run the opensave macro, to update the whole library to the last release. This may lead to reduce the time to load assemblies.