Solid part converted to sheet metal can't save as file with *.psm extension

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hello everybody

I imported some design from solidworks. 

I imported it as from parasolid files

Afrer import of each part I converted it to sheet metal  using toll "CONVERT TO SHEET METAL"

Everything is ok.

But when I want to save this converted file Solid edge still want to save it as a *.part file.

Files converted to sheet metal where is no any bends I can save as *.psm file.

But If in converted file is even one bending then I can not to save it as *.psm file.

Why?

Regards

Marcin

2 REPLIES

Betreff: Solid part converted to sheet metal can't save as file with *.psm extension

Phenom
Phenom

Hi,

if You know that You finally want to get a sheet metal part then use a PSM as import template rather than a PAR.

But nevertheless if You have alread a converted sheetmetal but saved as PAR You can rename that one to a dot PSM

Before writing and posting this lines I wanted to check it by myself.

So created a sheet metal saved it as parasolid and imported it back as part.

Converted it to sheet  metal and jsut clicked save

And now - surprise - SE automatically offered. and only offered me, to save it as PSM.

Only as PSM!

So right now I'm not able to test the rename from par to psm, but I know that I have done it in the past.

regards
Wolfgang

Betreff: Solid part converted to sheet metal can't save as file with *.psm extension

Phenom
Phenom

OK, continued to test this situation and when saving the imported part before converting it as part then I have the dot par file type.

Convert it to psm and save it, still let it be a .par

Close it, change the name or better to say the ending to .psm and open it again brings a pure PSM part to SE

So this should work anyway.

regards
Wolfgang