Solved! Go to solution

SolidEdge project/assembly export/pack/archive in native format

Hello all!

I'm new in SE and here. I used to work on SolidWorks for 7 years and Inventor 4years. Maybe I have some other habits but still looking for many functions that I'd like to have in SE.

If there any way to move whole project to another computer ?  I mean with all used parts and drafts connected to main assembly?

Michał

8 REPLIES
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author Michał_T
‎07-15-2016 05:14 AM

Re: SolidEdge project/assembly export/pack/archive in native format

Hello Michał:

In Solid Edge it is called the 'Revision Manager'

Apart from that, ST 9 will have a Pack and Go program similar to SW.

~Tushar

It is very usefull tool. However selecting files is ...hard for newbie. I had to click on cell on the left side of filename (with CTRL) to switch file. When I selected all and had one broken link I couldn't set new path and save.

Thanks anyway, solved.

Michał

Glad that a really short note lacking any detailed steps helped you.

I have heard RevManager will be re-incarnated as Design Manager in ST 9 and hopefully the UI and User Experience is going to improve especially for new users.

There might even be a new "Pack and Go" function with ST9 to help with this ;-)

And oh by the way, ST9 just shipped. You can download your licenses from WebKey and SE is availble on the GTAC downloads site -- and yes, the new Design Manager is great and also has Pack and Go.

DS

Dan Staples
Director, Solid Edge Product Development

As long as all the parts and prints are inside the same folder, no sub folders, you can copy the entire folder and paste and there will be no linking issues. Just a simple copy and paste. But that is ONLY if all of the files are in the same folder, with no subfolders. Although if there are subfolders its generally not a huge deal to relink them.

ST9
Windows 7 Professional
Nvidia K2200 & Intel Xeon
"You're doing it wrong"

Actually if there are sub-folders under the top level and you copy the top level with all sub-folders, Solid Edge will still automatically resolve the linking.  There is only an issue with linking when the folders are outside the top level folder copied.

....and all about this issue when  files are outside....

I was sure this is clear.