Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solied Edge ST9 slow reaction or low frames.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi everyone, im new with this kind of software and the reason i downloaded is bueacuse i have to for a class in the college, but i have a really big issues and it seams that the program run at low frames, i dont know if is that, but im comparing gaming with this, so i know when a game looks with low frames and how i see the program running in my pc, is the same. The problem starts when i want to do something i mean everytime i have this issue, so please can anyone help me to figure out what's causing this or how i can fix it? Thank you all.

- CPU: AMD FX 6300 OC 4.3 Ghz
- GPU: XFX R9 280X 3GB DDR5
- RAM: 8 GB CORSAIR VENENGANCE
- MOTHERBOARD: AUSUS Ma5 2.0r
- POWER SUPPLY: E.V.G.A NEX 750B
- WINDOWS: 10 Pro
- CRIMSON SOFTWARE: 17.1.1
5 REPLIES

Re: Solied Edge ST9 slow reaction or low frames.

im no experct but its my understadning that there is a huge difference between Gaming GPU and CAD GPUs...  this might be in part your issue.

===================================================
Matt Johnson
Solid Edge Certified Professional (ST7 & ST8)
Solid Edge ST9 (SEEC) - Production
NX11 (Tc Integration) Pre-Production Testing
Teamcenter 10.1.7

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

@CaptainKranchSolid Edge uses an index to look up the GPU you are using and sets the settings in Solid Edge accordingly.  It expects professional workstation class GPU's like NVIDIA Quadro's or AMD Fire's.  It does not have information on consumer GPU's such as the GeForce's or Radeon's.  As such, you will need to open a Solid Edge 3D environment and then open the Solid Edge Options and try different settings until you find one that works sufficiently.

Turn off Automatic selection.  Top of the selection list is the most demanding option with each selection lower on the list being progressively less demanding.  You may also try turning off "Use display buffers".

2017-08-14_9-24-20.png

Ken

Production: ST10 MP5
Testing: SE 2019

Experimenter
Experimenter
I dont think that's the problem dude because in my college the computers have a **bleep** GPU and the program runs perfect there, but thanks anyways.

Experimenter
Experimenter
DUDE! THANKS YOU SOLVED MY PROBLEM, NOW I CAN GET NICE GRADES +10

Experimenter
Experimenter

I ran into this same problem last week, trying to use Solid Edge ST9 on high school computers:

DellOptiplex 790 i3 4GB RAM no graphics card.

A student found this same fix elsewhere before I ran across this post.

Attached is a fix written up by a student for other students to use.  I have had success getting around the issue using the attachment, but is a pain as every student in the school district computer lab has to go through the procedure every time they log into a new computer.