Some lines not appearing in exploded detail view

Phenom
Phenom

I have an assembly in which there is a cleanout door held onto the body by some washers and nuts, and I did an explosion to show this, and I did a detail of that particular area of the explosion to better show this. Problem is, on some of the nuts, the lines aren't showing up, or are only showing up as like 2 or 3 points and a short line. See attached image. I've tried setting it to process all intersections and still nothing. I've even gone into draw in view thinking there was enough points to draw the outline of the nuts, but nope. Now, at a different place in this detail, on a totally different part, I had changed those lines to dotted lines for clarity, but as I said, these nuts are not connected with that part in any way. Any thoughts? I can include a dft file if needed.NUTS.PNG

ST9
Windows 7 Professional
Nvidia K2200 & Intel Xeon
"You're doing it wrong"
5 REPLIES

Re: Some lines not appearing in exploded detail view

Pioneer
Pioneer

When you select the view, right click and go to properties. Under the shading and color tab, what is the view quality? Since you're not using shading I'm not certain if you can bump up the resolution to say 300 pixels per inch, but it may be worth a try.

Dave

Phenom
Phenom

While you are in the Drawing View Properties dialog, take the Advanced tab and under Drawing View, uncheck Let Solid Edge determine VHL Tolerance, then change the tolerance level to see if it helps.

Phenom
Phenom

As Tushar says, the VHL Tolerace is the solution.

I had the same problem, so you can modify these parameters to get the best result.

Yasser

SE_VHL_Tolerance00.jpg

SE_VHL_Tolerance01.jpg

SE_VHL_Tolerance02.jpg

Experimenter
Experimenter

I have the same problem, but no luck with the Advanced settings.

VHL = 5, Tangent Tolerance =0.001

Thread axis tolerance 0.001

Lines are still not showing.

This is not the only drawing where this is happening. I am using ST8.

Any other suggestion?

Bug 2a.JPGBug 2b.JPGBug 2c.JPG

PLM World Member Legend PLM World Member Legend
PLM World Member Legend

Something you can try quickly is to click the Show Edges button and see if there are any edges that were hidden by mistake.

Otherwise, I would suggest that there might be an underlying problem with your model.  Maybe an interference?  Or some failed features?  It would be worth investigating the geometry.  It does not make sense that something as simple as a nut won't display with the default VHL settings.  To me that is ridiculous.  You should get to the bottom of that before the model comes back to bite you in the arse later on.