Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some tools on my version of SE are not working.

Experimenter
Experimenter

I just installed the version st6 32bit of Solid Edge and some tools like "tab" on ISO sheet metal are not working. I need to study this. I'm using the student version of the program.

2 REPLIES

Re: Some tools on my version of SE are not working.

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi there @Saulo,

As you're in Synchronous mode, you'll need to define a prliminary sketch for the base "Tab" to be created from.....please yourself if that sketch has dimensions or relationships placed on it, or not, as these can be added afterwards also.

At the bottom of the graphics area, there is a "PromptBar", this will give the user continuous feedback as to what input the system is looking for next....it will also provide tool descriptions when the cursor is hovered over them, as is the case in your screen shot, hovering over the "Tab" command button. If you know the name of a command but can't find it, use the "Command Finder" to search the system for you, and it will list out what it finds, and mouse over them and the system should show you exactly where that command is sitting.

I recommend your going through some of the tutorials in the "Help" area, to get a better feel for where things are, and the typical work flow for new Solid Edge users.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Ltd
Solid Edge ST10 [MP8] Classic [x3 seats]
Windows 10 - Quadro P2000
Testing: Solid Edge 2019

Re: Some tools on my version of SE are not working.

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

you need to understand the concept of object-action and/or action-object

some commands are only one way or the other some can be both.

in this case those commands are object-action.  they require an object (a sketch) to run the action (tab)

so create your sketch and you will then see the commands become active...

===================================================
Matt Johnson
Solid Edge Certified Professional (ST7 & ST8)
Solid Edge ST9 (SEEC) - Production
NX11 (Tc Integration) Pre-Production Testing
Teamcenter 10.1.7