I have a machine assembly which I'll call "main assembly". In it are a lot of subassemblies but the next most complex I'll call "subassembly 1". I have configurations set up in both that are used for assembly drawings which I had already started when I was using ST6. I'm now on ST7. I'm not sure what happened, but I recently discovered that the configurations I had set up for "main assembly" are either gone damaged. Further, the configurations for "subassembly 1" are showing up in the list for "main assembly". If I select a configuration for the "main assembly" everyting goes blank. Unless I'm confused, the only time a subassembly's configurations show up for selection in a parent assembly is when you have selected that subassembly. Has something gone haywire with my configuration file? Has something changed in ST7? I'll have to go back and re-create all of the configurations that were lost before I hit the update button in the assembly drawings or the views will go blank.
Is each assembly pointing to the configuration file for that assembly?
That's a good question. Would that be in the file locations path in the options dialogue? There is a configuration names path that shows C:\program files\Solid Edge ST7\Preferences\ConfigNames.txt
If the above path is not relevant, how do I check where the assembly is pointing? I've had corrupted config files before, but this is a new one.
I found where the pointer is - in the configuration manager. Unfortunately, it is pointed to the correct configuration file. In the configuration manager, all parts in the assembly are unchecked which means they're all hidden. Somehow, all of the settings were set to hidden at some point. I'm not sure how they could all be set that way at one time unless the configuration file were corrupted somehow. I could check with IT and see if they can recover an older configuration file.
If I pull one that is from when I had ST6 installed would that matter?
don't think it's all 7, unless worse. i'm on ST6 MP8. i'm doing a major design and it seams like the configs are all messed up. problem is i can't reproduce it. in main assy i 18 sub's wich i call station assy. i'll everthing setup perfect. i go on to something else and come back. i apply my main assy config, BAM it no longer there. or, bolts and washers will show up one time and next time they wouldn't. not sure whays going on
I just had something else strange happen. At the top center of the screen, where the title of the active file is shown, I had the name of a subordinate part showing. I set the document name formula to "[document number] [Filename]" so it also shows the part number. In this case, the part number for the subordinate part was also showing.
I closed SE, rebooted the computer and re-opnened SE and the file and the problem went away. My concern is that something is going to become corrupted.