Splash intro changeable ?

Genius
Genius

Okay it is not a common question, but is it possible to change intro pictures/splashscreen of SE.

And if so...How can I change it

Dirk Rutten

Solid Edge STX user
3 REPLIES

Re: Splash intro changeable ?

Phenom
Phenom
I don't know if we are allowed to do it but I was like you interested to try it!

Changing this JPEG "in ST5" Smiley Happy

C:\Program Files\Solid Edge ST5\Program\ResDLLs\0009\STARTUP\images\solidedge_st_logo2.jpg

Yasser

Genius
Genius

Yasser,

Like you, I also have modified this. I have added our company logo in this section.

And yes the dashboard (if I may call it so...) can be modified but I don't understand why Siemens does not enhance this dashboard.

For new SE users it would be very helpful to have a YT channel (On this dashboard) where new users can watch and see how to do some things in SE. (And I don't say the online help isn't useful)

Also useful a summary of direct links to all the macro's available in SE Custom dir and other useful macro's from many contributing programmers.

Siemens made a macro toolbar for SE many years ago and someone from germany (Company Siritec) made a more enhanced version of it. Where you can put 50 macro's on it ! (I don't use so many Smiley Tongue I believe). I think the macro should be enhanced - I miss the ability to divide the toolbar in groups (Management-Assembly-Frame/Routing-Render/Simulate-Part-Sheetmetal-Draft-Sketch-...) it would be very handy to switch and search for a macro corresponding the selected group.

Anyway many ideas like you can see - But the dashboard is really underutilized.

And to come back on topic, I only want to change the splash pictures with my own ones.

Dirk Rutten

Solid Edge STX user

Creator
Creator

This is an old topic, but perhaps someone can still give some input.

We are trying to create a custom quick links page for our users, and we made an interesting observation.

By default, if you have nothing open in solid edge (say just after program launch) when you click on a hperlink shown on a custom start up screen, it will open that page in Internet Explorer.

However, if you have a document open in Solid Edge, and then try to click a link on this page, it opens the page right in the SE window. While this is really cool, and keeps people focused and in the program, there doesn't seem to be a way to navigate back to the origonal start up screen. Is this done on purpose? Is there a way to go back (without restarting SE)?

"Perhaps I can find new ways to motivate them."
~Darth Vader