Split Faces command doing weird things...

Pioneer
Pioneer

I'm trying to prepare a model for FEA and creating a surface to select as a Constraint. 

As you can see in the picture, i'm using two planes to split the face of the vertical bar so I can constrain it. When I split the face, it's creating all sorts of errors, including the goofy geometry shown in the picture. The tube is a Protrusion along a 3D sketch FYI.

Can anyone explain what is going on? How do I fix this? The model refuses to mesh after splitting faces. I just need a selectable surface along this bar that is .75" long. 

Thanks, 

Nevin

"The society which scorns excellence in plumbing because plumbing is a humble activity, and tolerates shoddiness in philosophy because philosophy is an exalted activity, will have neither good plumbing nor good philosophy. Neither its pipes nor its theories will hold water." -- John W. Gardner
1 REPLY

Re: Split Faces command doing weird things...

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

That is odd.  As a workaround, try generating intersection curves between the tube and plane and then using the curve to split the face.  I would also send the example shown to your VAR/GTAC to log a PR against it.

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP7
Testing: ST10