St8 Draft - Section Odd Behaviour

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I have a drawing with quite a few section views. Upon doing a revision to said drawings one of the section views decided to colour all of the lines Grey from Black. All of the other views and drawings are shown as black. I cannot find away to change this. Has anyone else seen this behaviour?

Note: this is not the grey border, properties haven't changed. A new section view was added and this was created perfectly normal with Black lines.

Thanks G

4 REPLIES

Re: St8 Draft - Section Odd Behaviour

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Hi @redcad,

We have some drawings with quite a few section views also, but we've not encountered that one here Graham.

How many are you refering to.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP2] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

It is just one section view Sean. I was adding a dimension to another section view  and then this one decided it wanted to stand out from the others! Smiley Happy

G

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

redcad wrote:

It is just one section view Sean. I was adding a dimension to another section view  and then this one decided it wanted to stand out from the others! Smiley Happy

Haha,...nobody likes a show-off huh?  Robot LOL

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP2] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

PLM World Member Phenom PLM World Member Phenom
PLM World Member Phenom

I have PR7656583 dealing with Section Views.

It is not the same problem as yours.  As a matter of fact, I have a section view that won't place.  It gives the spinning donut of death until I finally kill Solid Edge through the task manager.  It doesn't work on any computer with ST8.

Here's the rub, even with ST8, if we use an old draft template - one created before ST8 - it sections fine.  There is an error in the ST8 draft templates that is causing strange issues with section views.