Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

St9 viewer and Windows 10 v.1703

Experimenter
Experimenter

I saw a similar issue posted about 5 months ago to this forum but I wanted I figured it was an old discussion so I should start a new one. My user has ST9 viewer and Windows 10 v.1703. Solid Edge was ok until this recent update. Since the update yesterday, when she doubleclicks on a .dft file, Solidedge looks like it will open the file. The program opens, the file flashes on the screen for a second and then goes away, leaving the opne program. If I go into the list of recenlty opened files I can see the dft open there and it will opne fine.

I did what was suggested in the old post (delete items in c:\users\<username>\temp and then to also rename the unigraphics folder under c:\users\<username>\appdata\roaming. I have also tried compatibility mode (windows 7 and 8) but that also did not work. I did uninstall and reinstall Solidedge viewer as well, but no luck. I did see a post from someone who had a similar issue with St10 student version and the suggestion to them was to delete the key for their solidworks version under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Unigraphics Solutions\Solid Edge, so I will try that, but

any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Renee

1 REPLY

Re: St9 viewer and Windows 10 v.1703

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi there @arena225,

Not sure if it's directly related to the Windows FCU [Fall Creators Update], but I would recommend having the latest maintenance pack [MP] installed, or if that is not an option....download the latest version ST10 Free 2D, as that has been updated to include MP3. It will function as a viewer just as before though now is also for viewing 3D files.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Ltd
Solid Edge ST10 [MP8] Classic [x3 seats]
Windows 10 - Quadro P2000
Testing: Solid Edge 2019