Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standard Parts Library for subscription users?

Pioneer
Pioneer

Morning everyone. Does anyone on subscription know where to download the standard parts library/administrator? I have the install manual included in my SE ST10 folder but no executable file to get this installed. If I launch it in Se it gives me the typical misconfiguration error as though it's not been installed. SE is downloaded through siemen's digital river portal and only has one download, for the software and nothing else. I'm on Foundation so it should be included in this. Thank you!

4 REPLIES

Re: Standard Parts Library for subscription users?

Phenom
Phenom

Hmm..If you have a webkey account you can download the Standard Parts from Global Technical Access Center (GTAC).

https://www.plm.automation.siemens.com/en_us/support/gtac/

Choose the Download option. You will then be prompted to login using your webkey account. Siemens then verifies the webkey account and displays the software assigned to that account. 

Once inside, choose the Full product download, ST10 folders. You will find an additional folder location for Standard Parts. This folder holds the software download.

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Just to be clear, Foundation only includes a very few sample parts. So if you are creating your own, you are fine. But if you want "millions" of parts, then you need Classic at least.

Dan Staples
Director, Solid Edge Product Development

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi Dan,

This yielded another question about the Standard parts. I installed Standard parts administator software and got the sample parts. I have SE premium, so i assume i have access to "millons" of parts. Could you please provide help for how to use the rest of the library? Should I download the files from somewhere and then install them with admin software?

Many thanks in advance!

Joonas

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor
Hi

You have to download and install the Standard Parts Library too.
During installation You can select the types of standards needed.

But - important - not only installation is required but also import/setup in database.

But the help PDF for standard parts will explain tjose steps too.
regards
Wolfgang