Standard Parts Library x Borrowed License use

Hi guys.

Std Parts Library (hardware, profiles, etc) really needs to be located at the 'server' main machine only ? How deal with this on the other machines running SE through a borrowed license (and consequently not connected in the network anymore, in an unmanaged environment ? 

Or in my case i should consider an independent installation and access, adjusting its options later and links to allow the secondary machine acts like the server, in an independent way ?

BR

---------------------------------
Hilario, Flavio
Industrial Designer
ST8 / Win7 / Win8
2 REPLIES

Re: Standard Parts Library x Borrowed License use

Hi,

Your answer is in your question! :smileywink: If you are not connected to network you will not use STP from server. In this case you need to use local database, but after reconnecting to network you have to redefine links from local STP to "server" STP... I don"t know better solution, but...

BR,

Imics
http://solidedgest.wordpress.com/

Re: Standard Parts Library x Borrowed License use

Yeah, in that strict case of going totally offline, I also think there's no better solution.

And keeping equal folders structure on both machines is not that bad too. Just doing some tests, and everything runnning ok.

I got some warning messages during the SQL installation on Win8 (the secondary machine) but no issues due to that yet. 

---------------------------------
Hilario, Flavio
Industrial Designer
ST8 / Win7 / Win8