Standard Parts in Solid Edge

Builder
Builder

Do standard parts in Solid Edge contain part family? I'm knew in Solid Edge and don't know how to get different sizes from one standard part.

Sina shojaee
3 REPLIES

Standard Parts is a facility which is available with Soli...

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Standard Parts is a facility which is available with Solid Edge Classic and above.

The Standard Parts library is provided on a separate DVD from the Solid Edge product and needs to be loaded after Solid Edge.

The Standard Parts library provides nuts, bolts, screws etc to the standard and size requested - there is no family of parts functionality. This would in my opinion break the "standard" if applied to a standard part.

If you want to create your own "standard parts" using the Family of Parts functionality in Solid Edge see http://support.industrysoftware.automation.siemens.com/training/se/106/en_US/en_US/selfPacedExt/sepp...

I trust that this helps.

Mark

Re: Standard Parts is a facility which is available with Soli...

Builder
Builder
Thank you for your comments. I didn't want to break the 'standard'. I want to know how it is possible to create two different sizes from one standard part. For example M10 & M12 screw
Sina shojaee

Re: Standard Parts is a facility which is available with Soli...

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor
The Standard Parts User Guide located in the Start menu for Standard Parts has documentation on adding new parts and EXTENDING existing parts. You should refer to that documentation.

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP10
Testing: ST10 MP1