Standard Parts - no #12 Screws found

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello,

I recently got the standard parts library up and running. I can use the fastener system to place screws in assemblies automatically.

However, I cannot seem to get it to find any #12 or #10 Socket Head Cap Screws. It finds #8's and 1/4-20's just fine. The #12 and #10s never made it into the library.

How does the Standard Parts library decide which parts to generate? Is there a file somewhere telling it the dimensions (counter-bore diameter and depth, thread length, pitch, etc...)? I would like to add #12 and #10 screws to the list with as little hassle as possible.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES
Highlighted

Re: Standard Parts - no #12 Screws found

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

I can find #10s in my standard parts listing under SHCPs but not #12s. Under binding head screws I can find 10s and 12s. The binding head category even goes as small as #0000-160! Which is not pertinent to this discussion whatsoever but I find it interesting.

I looked at a common vendor's website - McMaster-Carr and they only list 12-24s in the socket head category.

12s are rather uncommon so maybe they just got left out of the standard parts. 

Not sure why you can't find 10s.

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP10 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Experimenter
Experimenter

You're right, I was able to find some #10's after all.

How do I add some #12's to the database? Is there any way?

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Maybe someone else can answer that. I've not dealt with the configuration of standard parts that much and the one time I did it was not clear or user friendly. To me anyway.

I'm not much of a fan of that library. The customization seemed difficult and the naming convention leaves a lot to be desired.

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP10 - Insight - Win10 - K4200