Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standard parts Editing

Creator
Creator
443/5000

Hello everyone,
ref: Standard Parts Editing
I'm looking for a fast and efficient way to change a common variable to a lot of piece of the Solid Edge library.
Example: All "SO RF Flanges" have a variable that is: "Dist_CS" (Input Point Distance).The default value is 1/16 in. I want to change this value to 3/8 in. using a minimum of action.
The only way I've ever been told is to change this value one file at a time. It is long and arduous.
Thank you
19 REPLIES

Re: Standard parts Editing

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

I would probably use Property Remapper from http://barhamsoftware.com/SE_Tools/index.htm.

Examine the PropertyMap.dat file for instructions. At the bottom of that file are examples.

I think you just need one uncommented line that reads:

Custom.Dist_CS = .375  (I assume it's a numerical property and not a text property from looking at your 3rd jpeg, otherwise you would say Custom.Dist_CS = "3/8" )

Then run PropertyRemapper.exe on the folder with the files you want to change.

I would test it on a test folder with just a few files to verify it works properly.

Bruce Shand
ST10 MP5 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Creator
Creator

Thanks Bruce, I'll try this soon

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

I should mention the other possibility of using Property Manager. It may not be too bad if your list of generated standard parts isn't too long. Especially since it's just replacing .125 with .375 in the one property.

Bruce Shand

Creator
Creator

The value I'm trying to change into a lot is a Variable. The only way I found to change this variable is to open each piece individually and change that variable in their own table. In addition, before making the changes, I have to "save as" the files using the "Design Manager". Then I add the edited parts using "Solid Edge Standard Parts Administrator". I spend too much time for that.
I tried with Property Remapper and I did not get any success.
Thank you for your help.

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

@Liveclau, I'm sorry, the word variable got filtered in my head as property for some reason. My bad.

Bruce Shand

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

I'm just curious why do you have to do a "save as" and add back to library?

Bruce Shand

Creator
Creator

No problem Bruce.
Once again thank you.

Creator
Creator

Because the files are always "Read Only". I can edit them in their original directory. I do not know why.

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Probably because their status is "released". There's a status changer tool in that Barham site also. It works. You could possibly knock off a couple of steps by changing the status to "available" first.

Bruce Shand