Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standard parts administer

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

How do I come to know that Standrd parts administrator is installed in my computer or not. (I am able to see Fastner system icon active in assembly environment)

Currnetly working on ST10

Thanks

21 REPLIES

Betreff: Standard parts administer

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi @Shiv_Madan

either You take a look into the Installed Programs of the System, or You check wether the Standard Parts Group is witihn the Solid Edge group of Programs.

Finally You can search for DBAdministrator and StdPartsSetup.exe inf SE Program folder

regards
Wolfgang

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

As suggested by @hawcad if you have the two files in your solid edge installation folder, then it does means that you have standard part administrator installed. But then to make it work you need to install SQL server (which connects files to each other, similar to Design manager) to make the fastners working. This step actually generates the .SAC file that solid edge keeps on asking if SQL server is not installed.

And then you are good to go use the standard parts fasteners 

Follow this link to see how to install SQL server software (it is Microsofts software, so you need not worry about viruses ) https://www.tutorialspoint.com/ms_sql_server/ms_sql_server_installation.htm

To see how to configure standard parts library read this PDF 

https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/data_services/resources/se/110/se_help/tdoc/en_US/pdf/Standa...

and

https://www.tutorialspoint.com/ms_sql_server/ms_sql_server_installation.htm 

Hi @Shiv_Madan

SQL installation is depending on how many seats You need to serve, wether You have a dedicated SQL server or You install it locally at each worksattion, etc.

But You already have pointed to the corresponding help pages and installation guides.

BTW: personally I find the use of SQL and the related installation scenario to be - at least - not optimal.

Man could try to make this procedure easier to install and to use.

regards
Wolfgang

Phenom
Phenom

Far too complicated - why isn't it almost a 1-click installation ?

"Install SE Standard Parts"

"Which parts do you want and where do you want them ?"

"Thanks I'll do that for you"

HP Z420 16GB RAM
Quadro K4000
ST10 MP12 on Windows 10 Pro 64.

Hi @beachcomber

exactly, this is what I feel also.

The complete Standard Parts Process must be modified and simplyfied.

regards
Wolfgang

As I said in a recent thread on standart parts: my least liked aspect of SE. That's putting it mildly.

Bruce Shand
SE2019 MP4 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Yes I do agree the process is complicated.

Also I wanted to add standard parts that are provided by STANDARD PARTS LIBRARY (that are already there but need to be saved in a folder :::   I have attached screen shots of my the setup I am not able to find). How can I do it.

Also I have made some custom hardware. I am searching for process to use them as standard hardware, so that they can be placed using the database based on length and hole dia. So it would be great if anyone can provide with a link or video that covers the process of placing the standard part

Thanks

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Also now I am a bit confused.

What I think by using fastner system is that I will be able to place the hardware or group of hardware (nut, bolt, washer) automatically and the only input I will have to give are the hole starting edge and the ending edge (so that it can calculate the hole dia and length required to hold the things by the bolt)

So am I correct ?

And if am not correct what good is the fastner system for. I mean to say that there can be hardwares maintained on a local server which can be used in assemblies. 

Thanks

HI @Shiv_Madan

can You please explain a little more in detail what exatcly You are looking for?

At the moment I cannot find out what or where Your problem is.

You are showing the forms during installation of Standard Parts Admin.

So far so good, but what is Your question?

Have You continued with installing of e.g. DIN or ISO (from Machinery Library) database, have You added Your needed standards to DB?

You are asking for a folder where those parts should be?

The master parts are saved under the "Parent Parts" folder at Your given installtion place.

To be exact, under Standard Parts - 3D Standard Parts V15.00 - Parent Parts

regards
Wolfgang