Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Betreff: Standard parts administer

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

The snapshots I have attached are from GOOGLE IMAGES and not from my own system.

I am not able to do such process, so that is why I have written the query 

and my second question is that ::::

What I think by using fastner system is that I will be able to place the hardware or group of hardware (nut, bolt, washer) automatically and the only input I will have to give are the hole starting edge and the ending edge (so that it can calculate the hole dia and length required to hold the things by the bolt)

So am I correct ?

And if am not correct what good is the fastner system for. I mean to say that there can be hardwares maintained on a local server which can be used in assemblies

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi @Shiv_Madan

OK, so the frist images are coming from the Solid Edge Standrad Parts Administrator installation.

Just go to the installationimage You have, start the autoexec and look for the Standard Parts Administrator.

Install that AND - important - install the example files too.

Now the SQL express is installed on Your local machine and the Standard Parts Admin.

After proceeding with taht You have to start the Standard Parts Configuration  to see wether everything works fine.

Remember to turn of the version number for standrad parts, what IMHO doesn't make any sense.

After finishing this YOu have to add Your wanted libraries from the EXTRA DVD (image).

And finally YOu have to add those libraries to the SQL database using the Database Adinsitrator.

You find them in the Solid Edge menu or programs

regards
Wolfgang

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

@hawcad wrote:

Hi @Shiv_Madan

OK, so the frist images are coming from the Solid Edge Standrad Parts Administrator installation.

Just go to the installationimage You have, start the autoexec and look for the Standard Parts Administrator.

Install that AND - important - install the example files too.

Now the SQL express is installed on Your local machine and the Standard Parts Admin.

After proceeding with taht You have to start the Standard Parts Configuration  to see wether everything works fine.

Remember to turn of the version number for standrad parts, what IMHO doesn't make any sense.

After finishing this YOu have to add Your wanted libraries from the EXTRA DVD (image).

And finally YOu have to add those libraries to the SQL database using the Database Adinsitrator.

You find them in the Solid Edge menu or programs

No Sir I am unable to find "Solid Edge Standrad Parts Administrator installation"

The images I have attached are actually taken from internet. I want the same process to done in my system but I am unable to find the installation setup

@Shiv_Madan wrote:

What I think by using fastner system is that I will be able to place the hardware or group of hardware (nut, bolt, washer) automatically and the only input I will have to give are the hole starting edge and the ending edge (so that it can calculate the hole dia and length required to hold the things by the bolt)

So am I correct ?

And if am not correct what good is the fastner system for. I mean to say that there can be hardwares maintained on a local server which can be used in assemblies

It seems to me you are basically correct about its function. However, the user still needs to choose the types of fastener components. i.e. Screw, washer, nut types, etc. I'd say the main thing it does is determine screw length and then groups the components automatically.

Bruce Shand
SE2019 MP4 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Hi @Shiv_Madan

if You start the Solid Edge installation from DVD (or image) then You will find the Standard Parts Administration item

Sorry for my German only picture, but this is the installation set I have at the moment.

But the entries should be the same and You should be able to find it

20180424_1507.png

regards
Wolfgang

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

@bshand

Sir so do you use this feature "Fastener System" in your assemblies to insert fasteners? And if you do use the feature, how productive do you find this feature? I am asking you this because I am trying to execute this feature but till now I haven't been able to use it correctly. So I will be searching YOUTUBE for the videos (No access of YOUTUBE in office, so will have to explore at my room) .

Thanks

@Shiv_Madan, I don't use fastener systems but if I did a lot of modeling with fasteners, especially thru-bolt configurations, I probably would. And the users here don't either. I think it's because they don't know about them and/or don't know how. It's pretty simple though. Especially if your typical fasteners are already generated.

I included a video of the process as I understand it. It's only about the 4th time I've used it.

1. select the hole on the top face

2. select the bottom hole

3. select the screw

4. select anything else you want on that face like a washer. It defaults to nuts for some reason. Maybe I'm doing it backwards.

5. select what you want on the bottom face. I used a washer.

6. Then a nut.

This video is currently being processed. Please try again in a few minutes.
(view in My Videos)

Bruce Shand

Hi @bshand

Hi @Shiv_Madan

thanks to @bshand for providing this good video about fastener system, which will allow me to only add some comments to it.

First, the time needed for creating the fastener system only is the first time, when the parts a physically created as part model. The next time You are using the same standard part, it will be here instantly.

And second, You can save such defined groups of standard parts (fastener parts) with Your own name, so that You can use them the next time directly, without the need of selecting bolt, washer, nut on top and bottom side.

This will speed up the process a lot and also will give You the certidue of always using the same favorite components.

This are my short additional comments to the bshand video.

regards
Wolfgang

@hawcad,  That's interesting about naming and reusing fastener systems.

I was just experimenting and I don't see where you can select a previously saved one.

Also, where are they saved?

And I'm not sure why I got an error when I changed the bolt extension. It said "unable to edit fastener system" but it performed the change anyway.

Bruce Shand

Hi @bshand

reagrding the Saved Settings see video.

First I have used a setting with washers and changed that to have another setting without a washer

(view in My Videos)

What the second part of Your question regards, I first thought that those settings are within the Reports folder too, as so many others, but it isn't.

I hope, there is somebody here who can answer that question too.

regards
Wolfgang