Standard parts

Hi

I have installed st8, I have completed the whole procedure of registering the standard parts. But still when I open my old assemblies the standard parts are absent. I have to generate it seperatley.

Also when I see the status of my required parts for assembly in administrator it is showing not generated but  i have finished the procedure earlier.

Please help.

Ashish Sarode 

25 REPLIES

Re: Standard parts

When you register your standard parts they are not generated. When you register with old parent parts it should show your parts.
We always struggle with standard parts, you have to be almost a University IT grandaunt to even install the Standard Parts on your network.
-------
Daniël Schuiling
Solid Edge ST7
Teamcenter 10

Thank you for reply sir.

What would you suggest me to do, to get my old parts directly rather than generating it again one by one.

Ashish Sarode

If they are old Standard Parts and you have not deleted the old parent parts yet you can register them.

However, from ST6 to ST7 the standard parts had an error when I tried to register the old parts.

I would advise you to start from nothing, it takes a while to have all your parts back but it works better with ST8 (in our case).

Have you contacted your support?

-------
Daniël Schuiling
Solid Edge ST7
Teamcenter 10

Here's how i do it if you have old stuff you need

I install the new st8 standard parts actualy on my hard drive. I then open Solid Edge Standard Parts Configuration Wizard. In step 1, i point that to the directery i have my standard parts of old. it works perfect. If you try to start over all the links will be screwed up in your old assemblies

If you work alone and not with colleagues it is a good solution to install it local.

Good tip @TDB

-------
Daniël Schuiling
Solid Edge ST7
Teamcenter 10

DanielMCMLXXXII wrote:

If you work alone and not with colleagues it is a good solution to install it local.

Good tip @TDB

Yes, but what to do with a network installation?

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP8 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

The same steps, but it takes longer.

What I know is that you have to make a new database on your network and Add standard parts from existing multiple part files. Browse to the old folder on your network and hope it does it magic.

As said before, from ST6 to ST7 this tool made an error and some standard parts stopped working.

-------
Daniël Schuiling
Solid Edge ST7
Teamcenter 10

@DanielMCMLXXXII That is true if your going to load new files. But if you have files on the network already. It's faster the way i do it and very simple

TDB wrote:

@DanielMCMLXXXII That is true if your going to load new files. But if you have files on the network already. It's faster the way i do it and very simple

But you said you load the parts on your local drive. Then how do you get them on the network again?

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP8 - Insight - Win10 - K4200