Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Standard parts

PLM World Member Legend PLM World Member Legend
PLM World Member Legend

nop. my parts are on my network. I installed standard parts on my hard drive due to it not working on the network. When done, i open configuration manager and point to my network location. now all my hardware is in the same spot so when opening assemblies there's no errors.

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

More clarity needed: so installing on your local hard drive was a temporary issue because the network didn't work? Then later it did? What happened to the local drive install?

Bruce Shand
SE2019 MP5 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

PLM World Member Legend

STandard parts which i loaded on my hard drive stays there, i do not remove it. If you remove it nothing will work. All i'm doing is getting access to the configuration wizard so i can link it to my network. If i create a new data base. I loose all my hardware i've created over the years. It sucks when you open a big assemblie and it can't find the hardware.

I'm sorry, I'm still confused. So the master files and the generated files reside locally? And others on the network are actually accessing your hard drive when they request a part? What is the path to those parts in rev man, etc.?

I have access to SP administrator but I didn't load the database to my hard drive. I just loaded SP Admin locally.

Bruce Shand

@TDB, I think I know what you mean. You work on your network for save keeping and installed your standard parts on your harddrive and generate the parts on your network.

It is easier when you work alone, we have 6 engineers that all work with standard parts. To the database runs for everyone on the network but the administrator tool is on my PC.

Almost the same but completly different, to install the administrator on the network via my PC is so complicated that I need help with every new version

-------
Daniël Schuiling

PLM World Member Legend

you are correct @DanielMCMLXXXII. We meant down the road need to install on the network. couple of they guys meant want it. For now it works perfect for me

Why would you want to install the administrator on the network?

Bruce Shand

I don't, but when my co-workers want to use standard parts via the database we have to.

At the installation of the administrator you refer to your network so that they are will be generated there.
For your database you need to refer to a SQL server (that is why I need help every time).

Are you use it on a different way?
-------
Daniël Schuiling

Yeah, we have the database and generated parts on the SQL server and the administrator on a local machine.

Bruce Shand

But only one person can enter the database via the Administrator right?

-------
Daniël Schuiling