Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Status Bar

Phenom
Phenom

This may sound like a silly question but is there a way to move the Status bar from the bottom of the SE window to locate under the ribbon bar?

5 REPLIES

Re: Status Bar

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Hi @RyanM,

Do you mean the "PromptBar"?......if so, no, but, sort of yes.

It is dockable, but only docks in the graphics area.....so one solution might be, to dock at the top, and run the Minimized Ribbon display.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Ltd
Solid Edge ST10 [MP6] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10 - Quadro P2000

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

I think you're SOL.

Bruce Shand
ST10 MP5 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Unfortunately the Status Bar is not a dockable element.  As such, it cannot be moved.  There are ERs on this.

Phenom
Phenom

@SeanCresswell Nope. The Prompt bar is an interesting animal. In Ordered Mode it works like I want it- docked vertically so that it mimics most of the industry. In synchronous mode well the vertical dock is completely useless and I have to change it back to horizontal. Maybe that is just old school vs new school.

I guess I don't want the whole Status bar, just the user feedback area moved below the Ribbon Bar. I would estimate that 80-90% of the users eyes are in the center of the graphics area and the upper area for the ribbon bar. Having to redirect and look at the bottom of the screen for information is a "drag". Especially when your system colors and SE colors blend together. You really need to look hard.

Capture.PNG

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Like this?

promptbar.png

If so, just click on the "PromptBar" section left of the text and start dragging. It should then show you the blue docking arrows that let you dock it at various places... I should add, you may need to turn on the PromptBar pane, otherwise the information will just be displayed in the status bar as in your image:

promptbar2.png

Hope this helps,

Greg