Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Status Changer for ST 10

Pioneer
Pioneer

I was using the status changer by Barham in ST9 and it worked super  now after moving to ST 10 it no longer works ,anyone have one that works ? See video below

(view in My Videos)

6 REPLIES

Re: Status Changer for ST 10

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

I'm speculating that the .exe is compiled as a 32 bit application. Reading through the ST10 readme on the DVD, there is this remark.

32-bit versions of SEInstallData.dll and PropAuto.dll no longer installed with Solid Edge

The SEInstallData.dll and PropAuto.dll libraries provide functions programmers can use to evaluate the current Solid Edge installation on a computer and properties of Solid Edge files. In previous versions of Solid Edge, 64-bit versions of these libraries were delivered in the Program folder and registered and 32-bit versions of these libraries were installed in the Solid Edge program/win32/ folder, where users could register them to make the functions within them accessible to external programs. The 32-bit versions of these libraries are no longer installed with Solid Edge ST10. The 64-bit versions of the libraries continues to be installed and registered in the Solid Edge Program folder. Existing programs, compiled for 32-bit processors, can be recompiled with the Target CPU set to x64 or Any CPU in order to access the 64-bit versions of the libraries.

If I'm correct, Ted will need to recompile and target for 64 bit. If he wrote that program in Visual Basic 6, he's out of luck due to the mentioned readme note and the fact that Visual Basic 6 can only target 32 bit.

Jason Newell
Applications Architect
www.jasonnewell.net

Betreff: Status Changer for ST 10

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi @Milro

Hi @jnewell

first of all I would like to say, that I'm not 100% confident wethe or not it could be possible to recompile in 64bit a code which concerns the file API of SE.

But on the other hand - see several other posts here regarding to the same issue - install the extra "View & Markup".

Even if You don't need it, it brings the 32bit set of API calls back and all the macros can be executed without any problem.

regards
Wolfgang

Pioneer
Pioneer

I installed View and Markup and that did solve my problem. I appreciate your help .

Builder
Builder

I downloaded View & Markup but I get a 7-Zip error when I invoke it. Any suggestions?

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

@PM-DC,

I would suspect the download file is incomplete [corrupt] and you'd need to download it again.....as I just tested it, and can extract the file just fine.

2018-02-09.png

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Ltd
Solid Edge 2019 [MP2] Classic [x3 Seats - Cloud Enabled]
Windows 10 - Quadro P2000

Builder
Builder

Thanks Sean.

That was the problem. All is well with the Status Changer now too.