Phenom
Phenom

When turning a released part into "obsolete" I thought SE would do more with this.

When I insert an obsolete part in my assembly there is nothing to warn me or am I missing something?

OK, I know I can show the status in my parts list, but because this is default turned off and I can't force my colleague to turn this on. I think a pop-up with a warning would be on its place here.

...........................................................................................................
Solid Edge ST10 & AutoCAD 2018.1 user
19 REPLIES

Re: Status: Obsolete

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Hi,

I agree, this would be a great help.

By the way, I think, that Se should be able to change the staus from released to fixed or obsolete without the need for any PDM

But at least with ST7 there is no way to do so.

After releasing a part I hav enot found any way to change the status to obsolete from SE itself.

Would be also a great relief to do so

regards

Wolfgang

PS.: to use this staus too I have written a small macro to allow me changing it to fixed or obsolete, but as mentioned should be possible without any additional software

regards
Wolfgang

Phenom
Phenom

Status is a property and can be displayed/changed in Property Manager.

However, Released or Obsolete can't be reversed in Property Manager.

You can also do this in an part or assembly using Properties > File Properties > Status

Beware doing this in a big assembly as it can take a while to build the list.

Again, Released and Obsolete can't be reversed from here.

HP Z420 16GB RAM
Quadro K4000
ST7 MP10 on Windows 7 Pro 64.

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Joris,

Solid Edge does do more with this, BUT, you have to enable the option.

Right click in empty area of the pathfinder, and select Status > Display Status....it will now show the display status icon beside the part.

Pathfinder_DisplayStatus.png

Pathfinder_DisplayStatus_Enabled.png

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Ltd
Solid Edge ST10 [MP2] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10 - Quadro P2000

Phenom
Phenom

Thanks, but:

status.png

Man Wink

...........................................................................................................
Solid Edge ST10 & AutoCAD 2018.1 user

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Ah...sorry, for some reason I read that and thought it was more that your colleague was having the problem....but actually, is it he is the problem?  Robot wink

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Ltd
Solid Edge ST10 [MP2] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10 - Quadro P2000

Phenom
Phenom
Every time a part became obsolete I have the habit to paint it in orange.

When I open an assembly that contains obsolete parts I'm able to spot them immediately.

I do show the status on path finder also but the orange color is very helpfull

Phenom
Phenom

Hi,

I think, if you are working in a managed environment, changing the Status in the ASM-Templates could be the solution.

Yasser

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

It sounds like you are just changing the status of parts while leaving them in the same folder. I guess I wonder why not move them to a folder specifically for obsolete files so pointing to them takes a willful act?

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP10 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Phenom
Phenom
I do move them with revision manager in the obsolete folder, at same time I still want to see them in the assembly where are used to easily update\replace in the assembly for future developments.