Steering Wheel gone in ST8

Phenom
Phenom

I don't know what's happened but I've lost my Steering Wheel... does anyone else see this, or is this just another joke that God's playing on me?

This is on my Windows 7 Workstation.... works fine on my Surface Pro 3 running Windows 10.

Bob

10 REPLIES

Re: Steering Wheel gone in ST8

Phenom
Phenom

Bob,

Could you post a short video about your "joke"?

BR,

Imics
http://solidedgest.wordpress.com/

Phenom
Phenom

This is a sfully Synchronous Assembly. I've openned a dozen or so assemblies and see the same thing.

Here watch.... http://screencast.com/t/cYfHQsyho

Also my last Windows 7 update was on the 28thUpdate.jpg

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Bob,

Does hitting the "Move On Select" button do what you want?

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP0] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

Phenom
Phenom

Yes, @SeanCresswell is right! Smiley Wink Toggle on it!

BR,

Imics
http://solidedgest.wordpress.com/

Phenom
Phenom

YES.... woohoo!

And what the hell is that for anyway?

Bob

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

BobMileti wrote:

YES.... woohoo!

And what the hell is that for anyway?

Bob

It's a way to turn off the Steering Wheel in Assembly for those who never use it or want to temporarily not see it if it's in the way of what you're trying to do....

Greg

Phenom
Phenom

Greg.... I was being sarcastic.  I just think it's prominence on the Toolbar is interesting.

I seriously didn't even notice it, and therefore somehow must have clicked it.

I understand it purpose although I can't think of any time I needed to turn it off. But if it's useful to others then so be it.... however I think it's behavior is totally wrong.  This type of "switch" should be left for Options. But if it's going to be on the ToolBar, then it should be temporary.... say after you finish editing a part, it it should revert back to ON. Or at least when you close Solid Edge, it should default back to ON.

My point is why would Siemens and the Solid Edge Development group undermine the most efficient tool for Solid Edge in the past 7 years? It's what synchronous is all about.

Bob

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

BobMileti wrote:

Greg.... I was being sarcastic.  I just think it's prominence on the Toolbar is interesting.

I seriously didn't even notice it, and therefore somehow must have clicked it.

I understand it purpose although I can't think of any time I needed to turn it off. But if it's useful to others then so be it.... however I think it's behavior is totally wrong.  This type of "switch" should be left for Options. But if it's going to be on the ToolBar, then it should be temporary.... say after you finish editing a part, it it should revert back to ON. Or at least when you close Solid Edge, it should default back to ON.

My point is why would Siemens and the Solid Edge Development group undermine the most efficient tool for Solid Edge in the past 7 years? It's what synchronous is all about.

Bob

Ahhhh, gotcha.

PLM World Member Phenom PLM World Member Phenom
PLM World Member Phenom

Yeah, funny thing about Bob being from the East Coast.  We can't tell his sarcasm from his regular voice.