Steering Wheel won't locate points

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

When using shift+click to reposition the steering wheel along a linear direction, (shift-clicking the arrow on the steering wheel,) I can't locate points any more. I select between "All", "endpoints", etc. and can't locate anything. Very frustrating.

20 REPLIES

Re: Steering Wheel won't locate points

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Why are you using the shift key?

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP8 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Because that's how you reposition the steering wheel, without moving the features you are trying to edit.

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

OK, I seldom use the shift key but, yeah, if you don't want the arrow direction to change it's useful. You can just select the center point of the wheel and move it. Anyway, is the part you want to point select on active?

Edit: You need to select the center of the wheel whether you use shift or not.

Bruce Shand

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

There is nothing to locate to at the point I want to get the steering wheel to. I want to move it along one direction until it is even with another point not on the line. I've done this plenty of times. If I was moving the features, it would let me do it, but since I'm only moving the steering wheel, I can't.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I am in the part environment.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Reposition Steering Wheel.PNG

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

IDK. For me my answer is also true for part environment.

For me shift disables point select if I select the arrow. If I select the middle of the wheel point select works.

Edit: Which seems to match the diagram.

Edit2: Now that I'm trying it I don't get what shift dragging on an arrow is supposed to do. The steering wheel doesn't stick to anything and just snaps back to its original position.

Bruce Shand

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Typing in a value seems to work, but only sometimes. I had it go to the wrong place before, inexplicably, but now of course I can't replicate that.

Also, I don't know what "relocate the steering wheel while keeping its position" is supposed to mean, LOL!

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

For me, I can successfully move it along the arrow, without it snapping back to position.