Stuck and confused on virtual component learning, Symmetric Offset command

Pioneer
Pioneer

I am a new user of Solid Edge going thru the tutorials and courses, now working on on Activity: Virtual component editor.

https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/data_services/resources/se/108/help/en_US/selfPacedExt/xid10...

I am on step 6, Create the frame from the sketch geometry. The instructions tell me this:

"In Assembly PathFinder, right-click support.par and then click Edit. Choose the Home tab→Draw group→Symmetric Offset command, and enter the values shown."

After doing as the instruction say to edit support.par, the Home tab does not contain a Draw section, see attached screenshot, and the Symmetric Offset command is nowhere to be found on any tab. The instructions go on to tell me to create 3d surfaces, but the only place I have seen the Symmetric Offset command is in 2d sketch mode, on the Offset dropdown.

3 REPLIES

Re: Stuck and confused on virtual component learning, Symmetric Offset command

Pioneer
Pioneer

Attached is a screenshot of the lesson instructions.

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

My guess is they missed a step of "Edit the Sketch" or "Create a Sketch".  Doing either will enable your Draw commands and the Offset command.

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP10
Testing: ST10 MP1

Pioneer
Pioneer

Yes that was the problem. The step missing is to right click on the sketch. select Edit from the menu, offset the highlighted lines, close the sketch, then extrude.