Solved! Go to solution

Style of highlited selected objects - parts, assemblies

[ Edited ]

(view in My Videos)
Heloo.

Each time when i I'am selecting any part or assembly in SE I'am a little unsatisfied.

Let me axplain why..

1. Edges of selected object dissapearing - This makes that object is less clear ( is it possible to change it  like in SW? - see video).

2. Whean I move cursor over any part or assembly it's higligted. It's not usefull for me not at all.

It even annoy at work ( In SW object is highlited when I click on it and it's ok for me) - how to change it?

Regards

Marcin

9 REPLIES
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author SUCHY
‎07-28-2016 03:57 PM

Re: Style of highlited selected objects - parts, assemblies

For item 2, there is a setting in Solid Edge Options/Assembly called 'Fast locate when over PathFinder' in the Fast Locate Options area. If you select that setting, the items will not highlight while moving over them in PathFinder, they will just display as selected when you click them - just like you showed for SW in your video.

Greg

Hello

I know about this sollution.

But I was thinking rather about highlited objects when  I'am moving cursor over objects in working area

Solution
Solution
‎07-28-2016 06:59 AM

Oh ok, you just showed the Pathfinder cases in the video. It's not exactly what you want, but if you hold down the CTRL+SHIFT keys while moving the mouse in the graphic area while in Select Tool, it will suspend locate so you can at least get to the area of interest without highlighting all the objects along the way. You can then select the object of interest.

Solution
Solution
‎07-28-2016 08:43 AM

Ok. That is very nice sollution

Solution
Solution
‎07-28-2016 08:42 AM

I call it "the glow", don't like it, and turn off "use shading on selection".

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP3 - Insight - Win10 - K4200
Solution
Solution
‎07-28-2016 04:01 PM

With due respect to your statement that auto-highlight is not useful in your case, I think this is 'perhaps' because SW is not capable of determining 'on-the-fly' the feature, a face under cursor belongs to, 'and' subsequently highlight the feature in both graphics and the PathFinder, in real-time.

Secondly, Synchronous edits are all about selection, especially at the face level, where a SE user cannot afford to spend time hovering mouse cursor over faces of intent 'and then' clicking to see what gets picked, hence this fast and efficient way of mouse-model interaction.

Just my thoughts.

Hello Tushar

Several years of work with SW have made  me some habits. It's difficult to change it.

But I think that your point of view have some sence. And I should get used to the new idea.

In SW diplay area is more "clear". But You are righht - finding features on "on-the-fly" can be usefull.

This option  was missing in the SW - now I know this.

Thank you for your explanation

Regards

Marcin

Yes, I use the same technique when creating videos to avoid them looking ugly.

The down-side is when I do want to show that a face is selected, viewers may simply not realize since there is no 'glow' then.

But from now on I will use the Ctrl+Shift technique revealed by @GregLuckett

It is neat and clean and I must admit I would have never discovered it ever on own.

Do you know this by intuition Greg or you just experimented ?

Many thanks for the tip !

~Tushar

[ Edited ]

Let's just say a little bird might have told me @Tushar... Smiley Happy