Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sub asemblies flexibility

Creator
Creator

Sub Assemblies do not get flexible in mian assembly.

like pneumatic cylinders.

6 REPLIES

Betreff: Sub asemblies flexibility

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

HI @Gyanendra

have You tried to set the ASM to Flexible via RMB in the top ASM?

regards
Wolfgang

Re: Sub asemblies flexibility

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

just for clearification,  the Solid Edge term you are looking for is "Adjustable"  not "Flexable"  

RMB the Sub from  the PF and make Adjustable.   this will allow control of any underconstrainded relations from teh sub a tthe highter level.  there is also the ability to Promote and sub assy constraing relationship to the upper level and control that from teh upper level.

===================================================
Matt Johnson
Solid Edge Certified Professional (ST7 & ST8)
Solid Edge ST9 (SEEC) - Production
NX11 (Tc Integration) Pre-Production Testing
Teamcenter 10.1.7

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi @Johnson_BigMatt

Thanks for clarification.

Due to the fact I haven't used an English version of Se I trusted on the original syntax.

But Yes "Adjustable" sound a lot better!

regards
Wolfgang

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

If the subassembly in question is something that is always going to be adjustable when placed into a higher level assembly (as I would assume your example of a pneumatic cylinder would be), there is something you can do to save yourself some time. First, open the subassembly. Then, go into Solid Edge Options. Under the 'Assembly' options, set the following option:

adjustable.png

Setting this option will then make that assembly adjustable every time you place it as a subassembly into a higher level assembly, so you will not need to do it manually. It can save a lot of time.

Hope this helps,

Greg

Creator
Creator

Dear Sir,

We would like to thanks for providing us required information for Assembly flexibility.  if we found any doubts, shall share with you.

Legend
Legend

@GregLuckett, is this setting supposed to be recursive when there are several layers of adjustable assemblies? 

That selection you pointed out seems to not always work and we go into the lowest adjustable assembly set it adjustable.  I haven't dug into why those assemblies with that selected do not always place as adjustable yet.

Those who know me question the assigned user rank.