Solved! Go to solution

Suddenly can't smart measure, sketch, or flip parts in assembly mode

Hi,

I'm working in an assembly and inexplicably, to me, I am unable to smart measure, sketch, or flip parts when assemblying. See attached pictures.

I can still do many other options, such as add/replace components, assembly things ( but not flip mates..), etc.

I have the assembly checked out.

The most recent thing I did was replace some screws with shorter screws and then all these options dissappeared.  I don't know how that could be related.

Anyone have any idea what is going on?  Chaotic solid edge Smiley Sad

-Greg

3 REPLIES

Re: Suddenly can't smart measure, sketch, or flip parts in assembly mode

odd,    did shutting down the running instance of SE and re opening the assembly seem to resolve the issue?

is this a FOA?

===================================================
Matt Johnson
Solid Edge Certified Professional (ST7 & ST8)
Solid Edge ST9 (SEEC) - Production
NX10 (Tc Integration) Pre-Production Testing
Teamcenter 10.1.6
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author gbuc
‎03-15-2017 11:06 AM

I believe you have a Family of Assemblies...   Alt position or Alt Parts in play.

Check to see that "Apply to All members is checked"

FROM SE HELP:

Global Modifications and Local Modifications

When working with alternate assemblies, you can specify whether the modifications you make affect only the active member, or all members. Modifications that affect only the active member are called local modifications, and modifications that affect all members are global modifications.

When you set the Apply Edits To All Members option on the Alternate Assemblies tab, the modifications you make are globally applied to all members.

When you clear the Apply Edits To All Members option on the Alternate Assemblies tab, the modifications you make are locally applied to only the active member.

For example, when the Apply Edits To All members options is cleared, you can delete a part from one member of a family of assemblies, then place a different part for that member.

Note

Depending on whether you are working with an alternate position assembly or a family of assemblies, some operations may not be available both locally and globally.

===================================================
Matt Johnson
Solid Edge Certified Professional (ST7 & ST8)
Solid Edge ST9 (SEEC) - Production
NX10 (Tc Integration) Pre-Production Testing
Teamcenter 10.1.6

Thanks for the help.

I am using alternate assemblies.

When I click apply to all assemblies the features (smart measure, flip, sketch) do come back.

Between the assemblies I have replaced parts with newer revisions of the same parts.  And changed some screws.  I have not had 'apply to all members' checked because I don't want to apply the changes to all members.

I guess alternate assemblies can not be used in the way I want to use it.  I think I can adapt though.

Thanks again.