Sunk by Sync again

How come I can change the 3.438 dim on the right if symmetric in design intent is off. But I can't change the one on the left in any case.

The only way I can change the one on the right and get back symmetry is to move the whole part left by half the difference.

Is it the bends or what?

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP8 - Insight - Win10 - K4200
11 REPLIES

Re: Sunk by Sync again

[ Edited ]

It's the slots. Why though?

Bruce Shand

Betreff: Sunk by Sync again

Hi,

what I have found is, that it seems to be affected by the pattern.

Suppressing the paatern, changing the flange and unsuppressing the pattern works fine.

What the reason might be, that the pattern conflict with any change?

What I also have seen is, that suddenly everything worked fine, even with the pattern active

Why?

Another miracle of sync

regards
Wolfgang

Hi,

OK, next hint I found is, that if the slot doesn't come out of the flange, everthing works fine too.

So this could be a hint that the open and patternd slot is making the problem.

I'm going into further investigations

regards
Wolfgang

"miracle" isn't the word that comes to mind for me.

Bruce Shand

seems like a legit bug if you can reproduce...  please submit test case and IR to GTAC or your VAR

@MattJohnsonPAC, Seems like I could just link this thread in an IR and say "here you go". It's got the part and the description of the problem. I think I'll try it and see what happens.

Bruce Shand

There is definitely something unique/weird going on with the pattern -- creating something similar from scratch doesn't show the issue. It is already being looked at. No need for another IR on this.

PS> This is not how to log IRs, as everyone knows, but because this was so surprising we hopped right on it. Don't count on the community as the general methodology for this though!

Dan Staples
Director, Solid Edge Product Development

@dcstaples I know it's not the orthodox way. But nothing ventured nothing gained. Saved me time. It was accepted and I got an IR 7645050. Is it the same as the one you refer to?

Bruce Shand

Hi Dan,

if You try to remodel the same sheet metal situation, I can reproduce it even from scratch file.

The problem seems to be the slot pattern with slots going across the edge.

Changing the slot to be back within the side flange, everthing works fine.

Suppressing the pattern, moving the flange and unsupressing the pattern again also works fine and give a proper result.

regards
Wolfgang