Suppress/Delete Parts in a Pattern within an Assembly

If you have an array of holes that are in a part, and you want to place a part in one of the holes and pattern it for some of the holes only, and then place another part in one of the remaining empty holes and pattern that part for the rest of the holes, is there any way to do this?  I would be okay with patterning the first part, and then deleting the parts in the pattern that I don't want, but SE doesn't seem to allow you to do this.  In the past I have always had to make two separate patterns of holes and then use these as the basis for the two part patterns, I was just wondering if there is a short cut.

3 REPLIES

Re: Suppress/Delete Parts in a Pattern within an Assembly

[ Edited ]

@mdamson

If I understand your question correctly, I am able to use a pattern in a part to first pattern a pin with a smaller head and suppress few instances as seen in image below.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzJCobZYCLMjTmt6c3hYMkQ1QW8

Further, I am able to use the same pattern for another pin with a larger head and suppress few instances from the second pattern.

SE seems to allow using the same pattern in a part in an assembly to be used for patterning multiple parts and suppressing some of the instances as required.

~Tushar

Yes, I finally figured out that I had to drill down to the instance to supress a part.  I was hoping that I would be able to actually delete those parts, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

If you use this method, beware of unwanted changes if the number of elements in the original pattern changes - you could end up with the wrong positions suppressed.

HP Z420 16GB RAM
Quadro K4000
ST7 MP10 on Windows 7 Pro 64.