Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Surface Pro 4 debut

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

@BobMileti @KennyG Hololens. What is the use case? What is it that you are visualizing (no pun intended) doing with it and SE?

Dan Staples
Director, Solid Edge Product Development

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

@dcstaples, I think it's the allure of  immersive 3D vision, infinite screen size, and mixing real existing products with overlayed edits from the 3D models...  and it's just cool!

Ken
Production: SE 2019 MP5, Testing: SE 2020
http://Grundey.blogspot.com

Phenom
Phenom

@dcstaples wrote:

@BobMileti @KennyG Hololens. What is the use case? What is it that you are visualizing (no pun intended) doing with it and SE?

What's the "use case" ?  Furniture Design is a good example.

I think the idea of being able to walk around a chair is more realistic then spinning it in 3D space... that's really only 2D. Placing a chair in a room and seeing from different positions would be fantastic to experience.

Machine Design... walking up to a machine and experiencing the Huma Factors, etc. would help a lot.

The Development kit is $3,000

So hurry up so I can ask for one for Christmas.... I got my SP3 by asking for it for my birthday and that worked.

Bob

Legend
Legend

Does this mean I could walk into a room on a jobsite and wave the Surface around and show people what the future interior would look like? That would be incredible!

Using SE since V12, 2002
ST10 certified