Surface Texture Symbol Properties

Pioneer
Pioneer

Save settings is not working, this means  every time you need to insert, you have to create new settings, as old one are not saved.

Best Regards

Fernando Cruz

13 REPLIES

Re: Surface Texture Symbol Properties

Pioneer
Pioneer

I'm trying to attached a file explaining what i mean, but i don't know the reason for not be accepted.

This time i'm tryhing a zip file

Fernando Cruz

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

I knew what you mean without the video. Unfortunately I have no idea where they should be saved. Weld symbol settings get saved in \template\reports\draftweld.txt. BOM setting get saved in draftlist.txt. Callouts are saved in draftCallout.txt. I would expect to find a text file in the same location for finish symbols but do not. I also can't save finish symbol settings.

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP10 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

PLM World Member Legend PLM World Member Legend
PLM World Member Legend

your dimension style controls your text height. you need to set up a different dimension style for a different text height

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

That's not what we're talking about. We're referring the "saved settings" drop-down box in the upper part of the surface texture dialog. Saved setting should preserve all the settings selected in the dialog so that you can select it another time without having to repeat all the settings.

Bruce Shand

Pioneer
Pioneer

So, in that case doesn't make sense to Save the settings, as this example:

In the holes configuration you can save the settings and they always are there.

Why on this case they are not saved...?

Best Regards

Fernando

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Actually, TDB, you're correct in that the settings don't save text characteristics which are selected on the "text and leader" dialog. Saved settings only affect the items on the "general" tab of the dialog.

However for Surface Texture the saved settings don't work like they do for weld symbols and callouts. It doesn't work at all.

Bruce Shand

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

All these settings are kind of all over the place. Hole settings are saved in \preferences\custom.xml and I already mentioned draftlist.txt, draftcallout.txt and draftweld.txt as well as the mysterious, non-existing one for surface texture.

Some centralization of settings or at least locations of the files would be nice. I mean all these various settings are "custom" so why not put them all in custom.xml?

Bruce Shand

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

From my communications with GTAC, I'm learning that each part of the software is subbed out to different programmers. I would have to assume this is for a mixture of cost and speed of getting things done. The result is each portion of the software can work differently.

I do know that the surface textures are part of the material files. To re use them, you need to make material in your template file so they are available for re-use.

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

12GAGE wrote:

I do know that the surface textures are part of the material files. To re use them, you need to make material in your template file so they are available for re-use.

FYI,

You can push the active "Styles" [etc] back to the system librarys, by using the "Style Organizer" to copy it back from the current part file, making it available to all environments.

ST7_Part_Styles.png

ST7_Part_Styles_StyleOrganizer.png

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP2] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10