Solved! Go to solution

Surface pro 4

Hi,

When I start SE8 on the computer, nearly all of the icons are very small. The base coordinate system are nearly unvisible, also radial menu and cube. Can not use the functions on the toolbar at the bottom (Pan etc). Can not use the vertical toolbar (Feature library,Parts library etc.)

I have increased 2X but this only work for the main Functions at the top of the screen.I really hope that there is solution for this problem or a workaround. I do not have problems with other CAD/CAM programs that I use (SpaceClaim and Esprit).

Best regards,

Geir

ST9
Surface Pro 4
19 REPLIES

Re: Surface pro 4

Hi Geir:

Can you post an image of how the screen looks like.

~Tushar

ST9
Surface Pro 4

I have tried to change resolution in Windows, but it had no effect on SE, only other programs.

ST9
Surface Pro 4

What you are seeing is the effects of high resolution screens. This is where scaling comes into play. I beleive that text size is controled by Windows. Try increasing your text scaling to 150% which is the recommended scale. Select the Action center in the lower right, select All Settings then display. Once in the display panel/dialog increase the test scale by using the slider. 

Give that a shot.

In SE; only the main icons was changed (On the top of the screen).Nothing else.

ST9
Surface Pro 4

Scaling should affect the size of the icons as well. Take your scaling up to 200% or 225% and then back down to 100%. You should see a difference here.

I was thinking that there was some default setting for SE on the Surface Pro but I was confused with SW 2016 that has there default OTB display set to touch.

Maybe Bob or Sean can chime in with their ideas.

Hi @Geir-Petter,

I'm not going to be much help, as currently I'm OK with the size of the icons on the default 2160 x 1440 screen resolution on the SP3....even while in the office I'm docked, running SE on my 28" UHD monitor at 2048 x 1152, which has a very similar effect, but graphics area is far greater.

While the SP4 looks good, I'd like to give the Book a whirl....but it's quite expensive. [NZ$4k - 256GB-i7-8GB]

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP0] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

I'd wait until Book2.  The reviews on the switching between discrete (in the keyboard base) and included (in the screen/tablet portion) graphics cards has not been smooth.

There are many applications that don't recognize the discrete card, for example, and there currently is no way to force an application to set a priority to use certain hardware components.

swertel wrote:

I'd wait until Book2.  The reviews on the switching between discrete (in the keyboard base) and included (in the screen/tablet portion) graphics cards has not been smooth.

There are many applications that don't recognize the discrete card, for example, and there currently is no way to force an application to set a priority to use certain hardware components.

Hi Scott,

When I saw the Book running at SEU15, and there was a switch that enabled card priority.....I don't recall if it was a system setting, or an SE setting....but it was quite an awesom bit of kit to play with. The discrete card is basically what SP3 & 4 have now though, so I wouldn't think it'd be a complete deal breaker.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP0] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10