Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surface thickness problem

N/A

Hi, I am trying to put thickness in two surfaces that i created, but it's giving a strange problem and I dont know how to solve it.

Can anyone tell me what am I doing wrong?

the part file is attached

4 REPLIES

Re: Surface thickness problem

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor
Hi there,
I'm not near a computer right now that can open the file...but I'm guessing it will probably need the surfaces to be stitched together to allow the thicken command to opperate on it as a single (not self intersecting) solid entity to convert...
(Could be that the surfaces will not join without some additonal trimming, and/or extending, etc)...if you could post a screen image, I might be able to offer some better ideas.

Sean Cresswell
-
Sent from my Samsung Galaxy NoteII using Tapatalk 2.
-
Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Ltd
Solid Edge ST10 [MP7] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10 - Quadro P2000

N/A
Here they are, photos showing the surfaces and what I am trying to do

Maybe this is very simple, but I am new at this.

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor
Hi....yes I see what you're trying to do here. (Although seeing the model you provided would be even better...which I cannot...am still on holiday)
This type of product design is more towards the upper (when done well) end, and requires some well versed methods to achieve a good result.
I might start a model like this using a combination of solid and surface modelling of the forms, and break it into different (add/subtract) operations to obtain the shapes required...but surfacing can sometimes be easier to achieve flowing shapes, then closed in, to become a solid model to work with, thin wall features, etc.

Sean Cresswell
-
Sent from my Samsung Galaxy NoteII using Tapatalk 2.
-
Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Ltd
Solid Edge ST10 [MP7] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10 - Quadro P2000

Solution Partner Valued Contributor Solution Partner Valued Contributor
Solution Partner Valued Contributor
Hello Ricardo,

I've been in contact with your teacher, João Dias, and we will help you on this issue next week, as we are completely busy until January 8th.

It's remarkable that you've done all this in Synchronous Mode. I would recommend doing part of the surfacing work in Ordered Mode, but we'll check your model next week and give you some tips, ok?

Best regards
Boas Festas!