Solved! Go to solution

Sweep or Swept in Assembly mode

Hello,

Please help.

I have to create a pipe connection as a flexible tube in ASY mode connecting two different located pipes, and I wanted to use Sweep feature, but it is dimmed.

How to ctrate a flexi tube using  ASY mode ?

Is there a chance to use 3D sketch  to draw a path ?

Thank you for any response,

Regards,

Arek

Production: SE ST9 MP1
3 REPLIES
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author arekkul
‎11-17-2016 10:10 AM

Re: Sweep or Swept in Assembly mode

[ Edited ]

Hi Arek,

In order for the sweep command to be enabled, you must mark the assembly as a weldment. This is done on the Tools tab of the ribbon. In the 'Model' section, click the Weldment button and check the 'Mark this assembly as a weldment' button on the Weldment Assembly dialog. This probably isn't what you are wanting for your case though. The sweep command in Assembly was intended for weld beads I believe.

To achieve what you are wanting to do, I would use the XpresRoute environment and use the Tube command to create your tube. You can use a 3D sketch as the path to create the tube.

Greg

Hello Greg,

thank you for a quick reply,
I haven't got the license to use the XpressRouting unfortunately.

Regards,
Arek

Production: SE ST9 MP1

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I'm not sure how helpful this is but I used keypoint curve and a fixed length to create this hose in a test assembly.  I wanted to try and drive it with a variable motor (see video).  To fix the hose at either end I had to project the geometry through to my part so it would adapt as the ends moved.  Hopefully helps you a bit.

Guy

2016-11-17 15_53_10-Solid Edge ST8 - Assembly - [motor with pipe test.asm].jpg

(view in My Videos)

CAD/CAE Manager
ST8 MP9