Solved! Go to solution

Symbol line width

I am trying to setup custom template files for our company who just reciently moved from autocad to solid edge and though most things have been fairly easy to figure out this one has stumped me. The weld symbol line width started out as a default of .3, I can change it for a specificly used weld symbol but I do not see the option to set it to match the rest of the other line widths in the Styles options. Anyone know a trick to set this? The rest of the line widths have been changed to .1 so we don't have the typical cartoon cell shaded look of most 3d drawings.

3 REPLIES
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author nanan00
‎08-26-2015 04:32 AM

Re: Symbol line width

Hello there, and welcome.

Within the draft environment, go to Style on the View tab > Styles > select Dimension style type, and below that the style, then select the Modify button > on the Modify Dimension Style dialogue, got to the Annotation tab.....

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST9 [MP3] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

Ah thank you. Guess I missed it.

It seems this value is scaled to font scale which is odd. One would think it would just be a static line width like the rest of the weld symbol...

nanan00 wrote:

One would think it would just be a static line width like the rest of the weld symbol...

Totally agree!

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST9 [MP3] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10