Synch Sheetmetal

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Please improve the synchronous sheet metal.
Material can be changed by pulling it with flange.
I want to use synchronous sheet metal.
Please improve.

Below is the video.

https://youtu.be/qRdas-iRImo

In sheet metal, external materials are rarely used.
Mainly used functions
We hope to synchronize .. Outside material is not used well.

Please listen to this improvement.

P.S : Test the users.
Flange containing material can not be changed in thickness.

5 REPLIES

Re: Synch Sheetmetal

Phenom
Phenom
This looks like a BUG to me, therefore you should open an IR

Re: Synch Sheetmetal

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

The problem starts with ST2.
The problem that Siemens knows.
I made an IR request now. It is the third.

I want to use synchronous.
Why do not you think about synchronized development?

Material is an internal option.
Modify it so that the inside of the material is possible.
Outside material is not used.
A lot of users will do the same.

Betreff: Synch Sheetmetal

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Hi,

the problem with changing a sheet metal thickness value IMHO has less to do with the method of how the flanges are defined at creation time (inside/outside) but more how the Design Intend will react on to this requests and how it can modify the bending corner vertex afterwards.

You can see that it is possible to change the thickness to a smaller valuie but not to a bigger one.

Since then the vertex will come into the same area of volume which will not be possible.

To solve that "Design Intend" dilemma is to close this "2 Bend Corner" appropriate.

Doing so You now can change the thickness value as You like

See video:

But Yes You are right: "The Design Intend should be improved to cover such situations too!"

regards
Wolfgang

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Hi,

a question besides the official issue:

I was not able to upload the video directly to the board.

A couple of days ago I was asked to select the wmf file from my PC.

No only the gallery is available.

OK, no issue but trying to upload the video to the gallery also always ends with an error message.

Am I doing something wrong?

regards
Wolfgang

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

80% of my work is sheet metal. I have learned to never use Sync for sheet metal. To many issues.

My problems are different than yours. I have complained about them over and over. I currently have about 20ER, and another 20 planned. My problems center around the limits of flange design, 2 way, and 3 way corners.

I can summ my problems into a few simple solutions.

#1. all cuts should be normal to the K plane by default (not possible now unless K=0.5, almost everybody uses K=0.33 all the time)

#2 circular cutouts in corners need a position value of -1 possible, right now only 0 to 1 is possible.

#3 flange design needs an upgrade.

a. flange length fixed value from end of flange to bend line (Not an option now)

b. side angles work using #1, and have a setback distance different thant he flange length (Including longer than the flange creating a straight cut in the flat)

#4 either allow bending without altering the flat, or allow altering of the flat to show up bent.

I do know that GANN is no longer the head of sheet metal software design and that somebody new has taken over that department of software design. We can all hope the new peson does an overhall of the sheet metal side. 

If you place calls to GTAC, try to work w/ Wayne Mahan. He helped divelope the current sheet metal tools.