Synchronous Body Relationship Assistant?

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Additional questions ...
Can not synchronous relation constraints automatically implement the necessary conditions? ..
Can not you automatically find and constrain a sketch like "Relationship Assistant"?
Is there a "Relationship Assistantr" feature in a shape other than a sketch in synchronous? ..

Assistant Re.png

14 REPLIES

Betreff: Synchronous Body Relationship Assistant?

Phenom
Phenom

Hi @Hclee

sorry but I am not able to follow You and understanding what Your question is.

Tigether with Chines SE it is harder to see where You are and what You do at the moment.

Maybe You can change Your SE to English?

Try to get the directory 0009 from SE in English, so You can change it as needed.

There all local language will be stored.

regards
Wolfgang

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

If you express it in one sentence ...
Can I automatically assign relational constraints to a synchronous body? "
This is the question.

Phenom
Phenom

I think the Design Intent will take care of it, if you don't turn it off.

make sure you understand that there isa 2D relationship within the sketch and then 3D relationships to 3D faces and these are seperate tools/icons.

but as @Tushar says...  if you buildit correctly Design Manager is most likley going to find and honor the Design Intent

===================================================
Matt Johnson
Solid Edge Certified Professional (ST7 & ST8)
Solid Edge ST9 (SEEC) - Production
NX10 (Tc Integration) Pre-Production Testing
Teamcenter 10.1.6

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

What exactly is the "save relationships" supposed to do? It's always greyed out. Does anyone use it?

DIsave.JPG

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP8 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

@bshand It should be active during a sync edit.  Where a design intent rule is active e.g. maintain tangency.  Then hitting save will add these relationships to the Pathfinder so they are maintained during any subsequent edit.  It's effectively a quick way of adding persistent face relationships.

Guy

CAD/CAE Manager
ST8 MP12

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

I find it baffling in trying to use it. It has to be during an active edit so whatever face you're moving is moving as you click the DI menu. Not clear to me what it's supposed to save.

Bruce Shand

Bruce,  It doesnt matter the the sych edit is still active (ie: face still moving)  the save button simpy saves the currently conditions being "solved" for during the sync edit...  and as said previously this make persisted relations in the PF group for you...   I have only used this maybe 1x or 2x  because for the most part,  if Design Manager is solvign for it it alwasy will. 

But a good use case would be whenyou want to solve for some but not all relationship types...   if you save these,  then later when making an edit you can turn off DM and these persisted relations will still honor...

So if you had a tricky edit where you toggled some on some off and it took a bit to figure out  it can be good in those cases...

HTH...?

===================================================
Matt Johnson
Solid Edge Certified Professional (ST7 & ST8)
Solid Edge ST9 (SEEC) - Production
NX10 (Tc Integration) Pre-Production Testing
Teamcenter 10.1.6

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Still baffled.

"HTH"?

Bruce Shand