Synchronous Editing Help

Builder
Builder

Edgers

Been trying to edit top face and hole of the attached part file and had no success using sync.  The part represents concrete and the hole a drain being circular.  I simply want to move using the steering wheel the hole and have the top plannar faces (planes) to adjust their falls or angles to accomidate the new position in x and y.  Would be nice to change z axis as well but really stuggling so I ask the sync experts for help as I know my workflow must be at fault.  Of all the utube out there it seems this is 101 for sync

Hope the part is attached if not I will try again or send independantly

Any help greatly appreciated.

Phil

ST9
WIN 7Pro 64bit
DELL T5810 3.7-4Ghz 32Gb ECC
5 REPLIES

Re: Synchronous Editing Help

Phenom
Phenom

Phil:

The behavior you described can be expected in sub-divisional push-pull modelers, while Synchronous uses CSG or Boolean operations in its modeling, is my initial inference but I may be proved wrong.

~Tushar

Betreff: Synchronous Editing Help

Phenom
Phenom

Hi @mspadmin

this seems to be more difficult than expected.

Even the modification as traditional using the modify function will not result in any change of Your surface.

So if traditionall will not be able to change, synchronous will not get it too.

regards
Wolfgang

Phenom
Phenom

Hi,

As my friends have mentioned this is not Synch's job... There is a little trick, but you will not get precise geometry, so I suggest using ordered mode to modeling...

Here is a video:

BR,

Imics
http://solidedgest.wordpress.com/

Phenom
Phenom

Everything suddenly looks possible when @Imics gives it a shot !

As usual - amazing video !!

Builder
Builder

Imics

Thank you so much for spending the time to demonstrate an alternative workflow..The ordered method has potential and we will look at it closely to see if it can incorporate the variation in slab outer edge heights in the z axis.  

It certainly looks more robust.  Must of this was my lack of understanding sync limitation to b spline surfaces.....

Many thanks

Phil

ST9
WIN 7Pro 64bit
DELL T5810 3.7-4Ghz 32Gb ECC