Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchronous Masters: Please Help..A Challenge for you

I must admit, I am pretty much an Ordered User but have used Syncronous on a few occasions.  It helped me create a few parts from McMaster STEP files that saved me hours of labor.

Would someone take a quick stab at turning this 90° elbow into a 100° elbow?

Attached part.

4 REPLIES

Betreff: Synchronous Masters: Please Help..A Challenge for you

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi @lifofadrafter

see attached video.

There are a lot of planes etc. I not really like that much, but still hide them is ok.

Then I placed a coordinate system on the center of the upper circle move it to the left to get the center of a rotaion for the ellbow faces.

Select the upper area and rotate it about this center axis.

As You can see, there are several - but traditional features, which now are not longer valid, You have to change them anyway.

If the are sync too, then it even gets easier to modify the ellbow.

(view in My Videos)

regards
Wolfgang

@hawcadat the 0.47 mark on the video, you rotated the steering wheel orientation, how did you do that.  im up to that point and cant get my steering wheel to rotate so I can rotate the geometry on the correct plane

Phenom
Phenom

@lifofadrafter wrote:

@hawcadat the 0.47 mark on the video, you rotated the steering wheel orientation, how did you do that.  im up to that point and cant get my steering wheel to rotate so I can rotate the geometry on the correct plane

Hold down the "SHIFT" key while left click the "circle area" inside the steering wheel.

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi @lifofadrafter

Shift-Click LMB onto the blue circle face

See the QRC.pdf info file which is on every installaion image of SE

I think I already have uploading this file witihn the last couple of month, but this might be a German one.

So go to Your installation image, into the SOlid Edge folder and there You will find the QRC.PDF in Your language

regards
Wolfgang