Synchronous Mirror

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

What am I doing wrong here? I am trying to mirror the boss and the hole using Synchronous but it won't mirror the hole.

David McMahon
Solid Edge ST9, MP8
HP Z2 Mini, Windows 10
7 REPLIES

Re: Synchronous Mirror

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I tested it and it looks good.
Link this image.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I greatly apologize - I attached the wrong part. Sorry for the trouble. I have edited my original post to include the correct part.

On a side note, the part I accidentally attached was a version I created in ordered mode which I did get to work. I'm just trying to learn synchronous and trying to perform the same mirror function.

David McMahon
Solid Edge ST9, MP8
HP Z2 Mini, Windows 10

Phenom
Phenom

Here's how I did the mirror in synchronous:

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Tushar, thanks so much for your reply. Looks like you did two things differently than me:

1) You turned off PMI dimensions

2) You turned off the "Persist Mirror Associativity" option

Two questions:

a) Should I always turn off the PMI dimensions so that they are not selected for mirror functions?

b) What are the negatives of turning off the "Persist Mirror Associativity" option? The reason I am asking is even with this feature off, the mirrored geometry still appears to be associative to the parent geometry. For example, I tried changing the hole diameter of the parent and it changed the child.

David McMahon
Solid Edge ST9, MP8
HP Z2 Mini, Windows 10

Phenom
Phenom

@David_McMahon

1. I turned off the PMI, and dragged the Steering Wheel out of way, just to reduce clutter when selecting the faces to mirror.

2. By setting the associativity OFF, I hoped that the mirrored hole would be able 'attach' to the sync model successfully, which was not happening with associativity ON, which proved correct.

Your observation about the mirrored hole updating subsequent to the mirror operation can be attributed to the mirrored hole being grouped under the same node in the PathFinder when created, owing to same size.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

OK, thanks. Looks like it was turning off the sketches  that got rid of the following warning message that was confusing me. I thought the message was referring to the hole but it was actually the sketch.

mirror_warning.jpg

David McMahon
Solid Edge ST9, MP8
HP Z2 Mini, Windows 10

Phenom
Phenom

Right. I am able to verify that sketches too participate in the mirror operation if selected and I had fortunately turned them off as well to get any clutter out of way when selecting the faces, thus able to avoid the message that you see.

~Tushar Suradkar

fb.pngSolid Edge Users Facebook Group