Solved! Go to solution

Synchronous holes

In synchronous, is there a way to combine identical hole instances from different hole features into the same feature?  I know I can open the hole options in an existing feature by double clicking the hole and select "more holes" to add additionals, but can I take existing holes in a different feature and combine all hole instances into one feature?

On a similar token, can I combine separate Face Relationships into one?  Let's say I have two holes and I give them a coplanar axis relationship.  Then I add another hole.  I want the new hole to be in line with the other holes.  I know I can add a new coplanar axis relationship, but can I edit the first relationship to include the third hole?  Or do I just have to delete the relationship between the two holes and add a new one to include three holes?

Thanks

4 REPLIES
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author tadpole
‎08-26-2015 04:32 AM

Re: Synchronous holes

Hi,

there is one way, which I use therefore.

First convert the holes (both features) to surfaces, that means simple features.

And then run the hole wizzard.

It will recognizes this "free" holes an will build a new combined hole feature.

It would be fine, if this would be integrated into standard SE procedures.

Thee is also another ER I think:

A method or special shortcut, when copying holes with the wheel, to put the copies into the existing hole feature group.

regards

Wolfgang

regards
Wolfgang

Do you know of a quick and easy way to convert Hole features to simple features?

Thanks,

Eric

Hi @ericderace

Yes, simply push the RMB when selecting the holes and go to "Break Hole" 

20170315_1648.PNG

regards
Wolfgang

Awesome, thanks!