Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Synchronous technology in NX? Or just in SE?

Creator
Creator

Hello,

First sorry for my english, I'm not native speaker.

I'd like to know the answer to the title question. I'm looking for a CAD package to learn in the desing and simulation areas. I'm currently trying SolidWorks, but the synchronous technology is very attractive and intriguing. So I'm looking the SE and NX options, but I didn't find information (or missed it) where indicates that NX uses ST in the same way that SE does. I assumed that as NX is the big brother it would have it, but again I did not find it.

I'm looking for a software that can perform any kind of simulations or a vast majority, I think that SE can't do non-linear studies or impact.

So I was thinking in learning NX for the simulations capabilities if it also has ST.

What advice could you give me?

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Synchronous technology in NX? Or just in SE?

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

Yes,  NX has Sync as well.   For further question of NX you would be best to post on the NX Forums.

Matt Johnson
Solid Edge Certified Professional
Solid Edge 2019 (SEEC) - Production
NX12 (Tc Integration)
Teamcenter 10.1.7

Re: Synchronous technology in NX? Or just in SE?

Phenom
Phenom

@SantiagoR Yes, NX has synchronous technology but it is implemented differently (it is history-based). 

For your simulation needs you will need to look for something a bit bigger- FEMAP or NX Nastran Adv. Non-linear.

Betreff: Synchronous technology in NX? Or just in SE?

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi @SantiagoR

as already mentioned here, questions regarding functionality are better placed in the NX forum rather than here.

And also, as said, I suppose that fo rthe Simulation part of Your request also a only simulation package will better deliver what You are looking for.

FEMAP - it is a Siemens toll to - might be the better solution, but here also You maybe will need the Advanced Non-Linear package, depending on Your requests and task to solve.

And this together will let me think wether Solid Edge and FEMAP together could be a probable solution for You.

regards
Wolfgang

Phenom
Phenom

There are videos on YouTube of NX Sync.

HP Z420 16GB RAM
Quadro K4000
SE2019 MP5 on Windows 10 Pro 64.

Creator
Creator

Thank you for the information!