Syncronous question...how to force holes in two seperate parts to remain concentric

Pioneer
Pioneer

We are considering the idea of utilizing syncronous tech in our designing.

One of the biggest concerns we have is how to retain "includes."

In this example, I would like the 1/2" tapped hole in "part2" to remain concentric to the c'bore hole in part1.

Part1 would drive part two.

https://youtu.be/LSrjL-M1Y8Q

Greg Patchel
Win 7 SP4 64 Bit
HP Z400 ST7 MP4
16GB RAM 3.2GHz
NVIDIA Quadro 2000

There are two kinds of people, those that can extrapolate from incomplete data...
5 REPLIES

Re: Syncronous question...how to force holes in two seperate parts to remain concentric

ill try to create a video for you later if someone else can not.

but you can use a few methods:

1.) select set, select both holes in both parts and move as one.

2.) create "inter-part relationships"  this will create a link in the driven part back to the assy.

Re: Syncronous question...how to force holes in two seperate parts to remain concentric

Pioneer
Pioneer
Inter-part relations worked well with this simple example.
I will try it with a more advanced case.

Thanks for heading me in the right direction.

I wonder how beneficial SEU would be for acquiring a basic knowledge of these core competencies with regard to sync tech.
I would like to attend, but would need to justify the expense with actionable intel.
Greg Patchel
Win 7 SP4 64 Bit
HP Z400 ST7 MP4
16GB RAM 3.2GHz
NVIDIA Quadro 2000

There are two kinds of people, those that can extrapolate from incomplete data...

Greg,

I suggest you start a new thread and ask your SEU question to the mass.

You will undoubtedly hear nothing but good things!!!

SEU is very benifitial and i belive is extreamly easy to justify the cost. 

you get hands on "free" training and a change to meet the developeres face to face to ask any questions ro address any concerns.

PLM World Member Phenom PLM World Member Phenom
PLM World Member Phenom

I'll second what Matt said.  Getting to meet the developers and the GTAC team face to face is great.  You'll be able to connect with members of the forum and learn more about what they do with SE day to day..  There are a lot of hands on classes that will let you try out features and get more detail about them than you would obtain from learning them on the fly at work.  This will be my 5th one and I look forward to it every year.  

Kyle

Kyle Joiner
IPA LLC
ST9 MP1

Pioneer
Pioneer

Done Matt.

Thanks.

Greg Patchel
Win 7 SP4 64 Bit
HP Z400 ST7 MP4
16GB RAM 3.2GHz
NVIDIA Quadro 2000