System is low on memory

I searched and the other posts about this weren't super relevant. 

I keep getting errors that Solid Edge is out of memory and it closes. 

System:

Intel i7-4770
20GB Ram
Nvidia Quadro K1200 4GB.

1TB HDD (800GB free), 2TB Server Storage
64 Bit Windows 7
Solid Edge ST8 64 Bit

Edit: Exact error is: Solid Edge is being closed because the system is low on memory.
Nothing else is open

9 REPLIES

Re: System is low on memory

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hit this recently. Have you changed a printer out? I got this when I tried to send to a printer that no longer exists.

Erick

I did actually; however, I already re-set the default in the windows control panel to the new printer. Is there possible something further I have to do?

This is what's causing the crash I think, everytime I hit print/print drawings it crashes with this error. 

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Not that I can think of off the top of my head. That was the only time that I got that error. When is the error coming up?

I edited my previous comment, everytime I hit print/print drawings no matter what it crashes with this error.

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

You said you reset the default printer, but did you remove the dead printer?  It may still be coming up in the SE dialog when you initiate the command.

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP7
Testing: ST10

I did, and have since restarted the computer a few times too.

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

It might mean you need to clear some remembered settings.  With REGEDIT, look at the following path and see if the "PrinterName" value is the name of your old dead printer.  If it is, delete the value.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Unigraphics Solutions\Solid Edge\Version 108\PrefSets\PrintPrefs\PrinterName

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP7
Testing: ST10

That did it, Thank you very much.

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

It was a shot in the dark... Glad it hit the target Smiley LOL

Thanks,
Ken