TRY TO DELETE BUT CREATES COPY PART IN ASSEMBLY

Pioneer
Pioneer

In Assembly, sometimes I open subassembly and try to select a part to delete it but as soon as i select the part, it creates a copy of it and puts it in assembly. It does not happens everytime but many times. Can anyone help?

6 REPLIES

Re: TRY TO DELETE BUT CREATES COPY PART IN ASSEMBLY

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Hi there,

I wonder if Inter-part links could cause this.....do you have/use these?

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP0] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

Pioneer
Pioneer

I guess you are reffereing to interpart relationship. I have not used any special command like interpart link. Its just simple assembly of subassembies using command assemble. 

Phenom
Phenom

If I'm correct, I also see this behaviour occasionally.

My interpretation of the the problem is - in an assembly, selecting a part/assembly in pathfinder adds a new instance of the part/assembly, instead of just highlighting it (as if you grabbed it in pathfinder and dragged it into the modelling window, or doble-clicked on it)

I don't think it has anything to do with part copies.

I've mostly seen it on big assemblies, and it's almost like the single click on pathfinder is being iterpreted as a double-click.

Is it happening in large assemblies?

HP Z420 16GB RAM
Quadro K4000
ST7 MP10 on Windows 7 Pro 64.

Pioneer
Pioneer

yes it happens in big assemblies. 

Phenom
Phenom
Its some kind of delay, or something similar where a single click is being recognised as a double-click.
I notice it only happens on certain files but I'm not sure of the exact cause - whether workstation limitations or delays due to network.
It doesn't happen as often now that we have decent workstations.
HP Z420 16GB RAM
Quadro K4000
ST7 MP10 on Windows 7 Pro 64.

Legend
Legend

I notice it sometimes also. I thought it had something to do with the Space Navigator I use.

Using SE since V12, 2002