Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table Style

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Is it possible to save the table anchor point and postion to a table style?

table_style.png

David McMahon
Solid Edge ST10, MP5
HP Z2 Mini, Windows 10
9 REPLIES

Re: Table Style

Phenom
Phenom

@David_McMahon Yes. You need to check the box for "Enable predefined origin for placement".

I know it saves the placement for parts lists because I have all of mine defined by sheet size to park them in the upper right corner of the drawing. I just tested it for a plain table and it seems to work finefor me.

**Edit** As I reread your post I see you asked about saving the position to Style. I don't believe you can save it to style, but you can save it to a particular table.

HTH,

Bob Henry
REH Technical Consulting
Canonsburg, PA 15317

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

@rehenryjr Thanks for the feedback. When you say that you "have all of mine defined by sheet size" what is your workflow?  For example, I have all of my sheet sizes (A-E) saved as backrounds in one drawing template file. Are you able to save tables/parts lists so that they drop-in at different x,y coordinates based on sheet size?

parts_list_location.jpg

David McMahon
Solid Edge ST10, MP5
HP Z2 Mini, Windows 10

Phenom
Phenom

@David_McMahon My A, B, C, & D titleblocks are all in the background of my draft template so I can choose whichever one I want to use.

I have the parts list tables saved by sheet size with their location predefined. When I create a parts list in the draft I choose the sheet size I am working with and it drops the parts list into the predefined location. In my case that is the upper right-hand corner of the drawing.

Here is what it looks like when I am placing a parts list after I select the drawing view:

Parts List.jpg

The only difference between the XXX-A, B, C, & D is the insertion point.

So basically select the view to drive the list, select the pulldown and choose the sheet size, and then click to place the list. When I set this up originally I obviously had to determine the coordinate position for the upper right-hand corner of each sheet size.

Bob Henry
REH Technical Consulting
Canonsburg, PA 15317

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

@rehenryjr That is exactly what I want to do. The only thing I am missing is how you save the tables to the list. I was  trying to do that via table styles (hence my original question) but I obviously missed the option you are using.

table_formats.jpg

David McMahon
Solid Edge ST10, MP5
HP Z2 Mini, Windows 10

Phenom
Phenom

@David_McMahon Just hit the Properties button and go in make whatever settings you require. Set the parts list up how you want it to appear including the location, coordinates, columns, etc. When finished, before you select OK and exit the window, go back to the General Tab, give it a name and hit save. 

Then your saved configuration will be available for future drawings.

This information is saved in a file called draftlist.txt in your Templates\Reports folder by default. This is the default path:

C:\Program Files\Solid Edge ST9\Template\Reports

Make sure you backup that file to a safe place for version upgrades or accidents.

If you don't follow me I can create a short video for you and post it here.

Bob Henry
REH Technical Consulting
Canonsburg, PA 15317

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

@rehenryjr Awesome! That is the part I was missing. Thanks!

David McMahon
Solid Edge ST10, MP5
HP Z2 Mini, Windows 10

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi @David_McMahon

there are other possibilities I would like to mention:

• with ST10 now You also can connect to geometry on backround sheet.
    This allows to put Your BOM directly on any position of You draft sheet,
    independed of what the BOM setting was
  • and for many versions You also can create a BOM on independet sheets,
    even with a different format style
    Advandage of this method is, that the BOM always takes as many sheets as it needs for displaying all entries

regards
Wolfgang

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Hawcad.

If you have two different parts list on two different sheets. How do you get them to be a single list of items? Like one list goes to 25 and the other start at 26. I do not want to manually assign item numbers, and I want the sorting to be the same. the ONLY change is breaking up the list into two pages.

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

HI @12GAGE

assuming that this BOM is created from one and the same assembly, so it in fact is one single BOM with - at least more than 26 items - You can bring SE to split it by itself, according to the setting for the maximum heigt.

If You additionally set up the BOM to be on seperate sheets, then this sheets also are genereted automatically by SE.

Is this what Your question was?

regards
Wolfgang