Table issue

Hi all,

recently I have been busy with using the table option with Solid Edge. Now I got a little problem with using it. I want to merg the cells horizontal, not vertical. As the sample picture I have added, I want to merge the sells with the data of 1. How can I do this? If it's allready been said somewhere, my apoligizes. I have been searching the internet but cannot find how to do it.

Thanks in advance!

Dennis

5 REPLIES

Re: Table issue

[ Edited ]

I have a solution for which I made a video (.wmv) but I can't insert or attach it.

Correct the highlighted errors and try again.

• The attachment's rowmerge.wmv content type (video/x-ms-wmv) does not match its file extension and has been removed.

Any help out there?

Nevermind that now I guess. See the vid below.

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP8 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Bruce Shand

Hi!

thanks for replying. I have watched your vid, but it doesn't solve my problem. The 'h' in my table isn't a title, I already used the columns for 'h' and merged them. but now I want to do the same for the '1' cells.

thanks in advance!

Oh, OK. Didn't know you were trying to merge data. 

Oh, well, back to the drawing board.

Bruce Shand

Please submit an ER for what I call "string math"

This is imply the ability to merge variable names. Much like the "document name formula" but for any variable and with the ability to be displayed in any table or annotation.

This would allow you to handle any merging before the information is actually displayed.

The version of this feature I have been seeking is the ability to use the following variable names:

The ability to automatically move assembly and part names into a variable.

Assembly name+part name+text string = variable name (String math)

Then the ability to use the variable name as the variables value.

If all that was available, then the merging would not be required at the point you want to display the information.